Life of a Technology Coordinator

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I've lost count of the weeks!

With erate filings and report cards due, I have had no time for my blog but that doesn't mean I haven't had fun with what I have learned.  Each year we do the Mass Children's Book Award.  One of the books, The World According to Humphrey, has inspired its own blog:  leshumphrey.blogspot.com    The kids take home Humphrey, write about his adventures and then I add it to the blog.  The kids love it!  It's such a fun way to get kids excited and they love to see their adventure on the blog. 

Last week my library intern, Erin, began her internship.  Erin is really into Web 2.0 and I am learning so much from her.  We both were interested in getting a collage of pictures on our blogs. Together we figured out how to import the pictures I had of my library in Flickr.  It was great to collaborate with her on this project.

I'm starting to think of all the great ways to use blogs here at school.  At one of my tech classes for the staff, I will introduce my Humphrey blog to them and show them how to create one of their own.  I know the 3rd through 6th grade teachers will be interested in starting their own. 

Hopefully my next blog won't be weeks from now...well maybe.  The color printer is not talking to the network - that will probably eat up all my free time!

1 comment:

LibraryStrong said...

I loved your idea for a blog for Humphrey. That's a great idea I'd like to take advantage of. Hopefully one of the MCBA books will lend itself to that next year. There are so many fun things we can do with blogs.