Life of a Technology Coordinator

Friday, February 8, 2008

Week 4 - Wow!

RSS feeds are they worth it??  Well, the jury is still out.  This was a lot of work.  First I started with Google Reader.  Finding feeds, not too hard.   Sharing them, too much work.  I spent a good deal of time in help menus that weren't that helpful.  Took a break and came back to try Bloglines.  Not as easy to find feeds.  When I did find one in the search menu, their Sub with Bloglines was useless.  I then went into google to search for the feed, found it, used the Sub with Bloglines and it worked.  Maybe there is an easier way but I don't have a lot of time to fiddle with it.  I decided to add it to my blog.  When I tried this with Google Reader, absolutely no luck!!  Much, much easier with Bloglines.  Will I ever use this?  Hmmm.  Maybe if I'm working on a blog that would lend itself to having a rss feed.  Maybe I just need more time with it...

No comments: